Papers about California (the Pacific/North America plate boundary):
12. Bird, P., and K. Piper  Plane-stress finite-element models of tectonic flow in southern California, Phys. Earth Planet. Int., 21, 158- 175.
16. Bird, P., and R. Rosenstock  Kinematics of present crust and mantle flow in southern California, Geol. Soc. Am. Bull., 95, 946- 957.
17. Bird, P., and J. Baumgardner  Fault friction, regional stress, and crust-mantle coupling in southern California from finite element models, J. Geophys. Res., 89, 1932-1944.
31. Bird, P. and X. Kong  Computer simulations of California tectonics confirm very low strength of major faults, Geol. Soc. Am. Bull., 106 (2), 159-174.
54. Bird, P., and Z. Liu  Seismic hazard inferred from tectonics: California, Seismol. Res. Lett., 78(1), 37-48. [N.B. #58 below used better datasets.]
58. Bird, P.  Long-term fault slip rates, distributed deformation rates, and forecast of seismicity in the western United States from joint fitting of community geologic, geodetic, and stress direction data sets, J. Geophys. Res., 114(B11), B11403, doi:10.1029/2009JB006317, with electronic supplements.
65. Field, E. H., G. P. Biasi, P. Bird, T. E. Dawson, K. R. Felzer, D. D. Jackson, K. M. Johnson, T. H. Jordan, C. Madden,
A. J. Michael, K. R. Milner, M. T. Page, T. Parsons, P. M. Powers, B. E. Shaw, W. R. Thatcher, R. J. Weldon, II, and Y. Zeng 
Unified California Earthquake Rupture Forecast, version 3 (UCERF3)-The time-independent model,
U.S. Geol. Surv. Open-File Rep., 2013-1165
(and Cal. Geol. Surv. Spec. Rep. 228, and Southern California Earthquake Center Pub. 1792),
97 pages (main report) + 20 Appendices; http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2013/1165/;
Parsons, T., K. M. Johnson, P. Bird, J. Bormann, T. E. Dawson, E. H. Field, W. C. Hammond, T. A. Herring, R. McCaffrey, Z.-K. Shen, W. R. Thatcher, R. J. Weldon, II, and Y. Zeng  Appendix C—Deformation Models for UCERF3. 66 pages.
Also condensed and republished as::
Field, E. H., R. J. Arrowsmith, G. P. Biasi, P. Bird, T. E. Dawson, K. R. Felzer, D. D. Jackson, K. M. Johnson, T. H. Jordon, C. Madden, A. J. Michael, K. R. Milner, M. T. Page, T. Parsons, P. M. Powers, B. E. Shaw, W. R. Thatcher, R. J. Weldon II, and Y. Zeng  Uniform California Earthquake Rupture Forecast version 3 (UCERF3)—The time-independent model, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., 104(3), 1122-1180, doi: 10.1785/0120130164.