Papers about the North American continent or North America plate:
45. Bird, P.  Stress-direction history of the western United States and Mexico since 85 Ma, Tectonics, 21(3), doi:10.1029/2001TC001319.
49. Liu, Z., and P. Bird [2002b] North America plate is driven westward by lower mantle flow, Geophys. Res. Lett., 29 (24), 2164, doi:10.1029/2002GL016002.
55. Bird, P.  Uncertainties in long-term geologic offset rates of faults: General principles illustrated with data from California and other western states, Geosphere, 87(6), 577-595, + 9 digital file appendices.
58. Bird, P.  Long-term fault slip rates, distributed deformation rates, and forecast of seismicity in the western United States from joint fitting of community geologic, geodetic, and stress direction data sets, J. Geophys. Res., 114(B11), B11403, doi:10.1029/2009JB006317, with electronic supplements.
66. Petersen, M. D., Y. Zeng, K. M. Haller, R. McCaffrey, W. C. Hammond, P. Bird, M. Moschetti,
Z. Shen, J. Bormann, and W. Thatcher 
Geodesy- and geology-based slip-rate models for the Western United States (excluding California)
national seismic hazard maps,
U.S. Geol. Surv. Open-File Rep., 2013-1293, 38 pages (main report) + 5 Appendices,
Bird, P.: Appendix C—Estimation of fault slip rates in the conterminous western United States with statistical and kinematic finite-element programs. 10 pages.